翻译于 2013/03/28 08:38
1 人 顶 此译文
Congratulations on that purchase of a new customer relationship management (CRM) system. Now if only the people on the sales, marketing and customer service teams would use it.
To help you keep that expensive software investment from being a write-off, CIO.com queried dozens of CRM experts on what organizations can do to get employees to routinely enter data into and actually use CRM software. Following are their top 13 tips.
1. Involve those who will be using your CRM system most in the decision and rollout process. "Make sure that the system is simple to learn for new users, and that your users can easily teach themselves as they work," advises Rafi Sweary, president, WalkMe, which provides step-by-step guidance on how to use Websites and apps. Similarly, "make sure employees have the opportunity to tell you what features do and do not make sense," says Aron Susman, cofounder, The Square Foot, a business real estate search site. "You do not want to change workflow and make things take more time than before the CRM was implemented."
2. Play up CRM benefits. "Everyone should be informed of the benefits of entering information into the CRM system to encourage its usage," says Patrick Zanella, product manager, Global Support Services at Enterasys, which provides network infrastructure, network security and management solutions. "If you lead with the blocking and tackling (of entering data), you are starting with the hard part, which may push users off from the start. Showing users the benefits upfront allows them to see the end game before the first piece of data is entered, which typically serves as positive motivation," he says. "Sort of like reading the dessert menu before eating."
3. Provide adequate training. "Train employees on what they need to know and not on all the bells and whistles. These can come later," says Todd Wickens, engagement manager, SWC Technology Partners, an IT consulting firm. Training people how to use your CRM solution "is not a one and done activity, but a process to create awareness," he explains. "Employees will be more inclined to adopt this system if they are eased into it." Similarly, it is important to provide ongoing CRM training, to new hires or those who may need a refresher course, as well as to rollout new features.
“培训员工，他们需要知道是什么，而不是所有的钟声和口哨声，这些可以晚一些。”一家IT咨询公司- SWC Technology Partners的客户经理Todd Wickens如是说 。培训人们怎样去使用你的CRM解决方案“不是一招一式的完成动作，而是一个提高认识的过程，”他解释道。“如果员工能逐渐的认识该系统（CRM），他们将会更倾向于使用该系统。”同样，提供持续性的CRM培训相当重要，对于新的雇员或者那些可能需要进修课程的人，以及推出新的功能（以后）。
4. Identify superusers. "During implementation identify the two or three groups who will use the system most--and ensure that one or more users from these groups are involved," says Cronk. "As these users become more involved and feel part of the design process, they will become evangelists [for your CRM system] and will ensure that other users in their group adopt the system early," he says.
5. Keep forms simple. "Sales people are busy," explains Andy Cronk, development director, Aspire Technologies Limited, a Microsoft Dynamics CRM solution provider. "So to ensure your sales users can quickly enter data about a lead/opportunity, make sure there are no more than five fields to complete."
“销售人员很忙，”Aspire Technologies Limited公司，一位Microsoft Dynamics CRM解决方案供应商的开发主管 Andy Cronk解释道。“因此，确保你的销售，用户能尽可能快的录入有关领先/机遇的数据，保证在5个字段内完成（数据录入）。”
6. Don't bombard users with features."Make sure your system is as simple as possible for what you need," says Jamie Diamond, founder CustomerWinHQ.com , a solution that simplifies the management and tracking of customer information. "If you need a full blown Salesforce CRM system with every feature possible, so be it. However, most companies can get more people using more features if you only give them what they need."
7. Provide customer support. "Make sure to have all the information [regarding use of your CRM software] available and easily accessible, so customers don't need to call support for common how-to issues," says Sweary.
“确保你的系统在你满足你需要的情况下是尽可能的简单，” CustomerWinHQ.com（该公司简化了管理和用户信息追踪的解决方案）的创始人， Jamie Diamond说到。“如果你需要一个完全成熟的Salesforce CRM系统的每一个可能的功能，那就这样吧。然而，如果你仅提供他们所需要的（功能），大部分公司可以让更多人的使用更多的功能。”
8. Make sure high-level executives are using it, too. "Nothing gets an employee's attention like when a CEO sends an email, I was looking in the CRM and did not see....'," says Susman.
9. Make it fun (and competitive) and reward use."Turn it into a game--with badges, leaderboards, rewards and public recognition," says Misha Sobolev, managing director, CTOsOnTheMove.com, which provides sales leads for tech companies. "Salespeople are competitive. Play to that."
[Related: How Gamification Reshapes Corporate Training]
10. Foster cross-departmental communication."Cross-departmental communication is key," says Mike Wierzbowski, vice president of solution innovation for TOA Technologies, which provides workforce management software. "Any new system potentially impacts everyone--marketing, dispatch, the call center, even the systems operations center examining a network. They ALL must understand the benefits for a successful adoption," he says. "Marketing can't sell products if the field can't deliver it. The CSRs can't enter requests if even one part of the system is ineffective. With all these interdependencies, making people across all departments aware of what's going on and how it impacts them is imperative."
11. Check that your system is mobile-device friendly. "Today's sales teams use a range of smart devices, such as tablets and iPads, on a daily basis," says Gary White, the CEO of White Springs, which provides sales training technology. "They expect to have access to information while on the move. And of course it makes them more effective if they can [access the CRM software] while out of the office, to help them close a deal." So make sure the CRM solution you deploy is mobile-device friendly.
”今天销售团队使用想到那个多的智能设备，如平板电脑和Ipad系列，用于日常基本的工作。“ White Springs（提供销售培训技术）的CEOGary White说到。”他们期望在移动中能获得信息。当然，这也将是他们在离开办公室后访问CRM系统变得更有效率，以帮助他们完成一笔交易。“因此，确保你部署的CRM解决方案支持便携式移动设备。
12. Make sure your CRM integrates with other key systems and applications. "If users see that they will have good integration with some of the main tools they need daily--like MS Outlook, MS Office and external reporting tools--they will adopt the CRM more enthusiastically," argues Jorge Defreitas, senior product advisor for CRM with IFS North America, which provides a component-based ERP suite. "And don't overlook seamless integration with, and access to, ERP," he adds.
13. Have your CRM be a one-stop data hub for your sales team. "It's critical to move customer data information from various systems like marketing automation and email into the CRM to create a holistic customer profile in one central location," says Lou Guercia, the CEO of Scribe Software, which provides data integration and data migration software. "By freeing the data from silos and centralizing the information, all stakeholders can find the customer information they need, where and when they need it."
”如果用户觉得（你的CRM系统）和他们日常使用的主要工具具有良好的集成性—如MS Outlook，MS Office以及外部报表工具—他们将会更加热情的接受CRM系统”。 Jorge Defreitas这样认为， IFS North America（提供基于组件的ERP套件）的CRM高级产品顾问。“不能忽视对ERP的无缝集成和访问，“他补充到。
“从各种不同的系统，像市场营销自动化系统，在一个中心位置创建一个全面客户档案和电子邮件到CRM系统移动客户数据信息是非常关键的。”Scribe Software（提供数据集成和数据迁移软件）CEO，Lou Guercia这样说到。通过解决数据孤岛和信息集中化，所有利益相关者在任何时间和地点都能找到他们所需要的客户信息。“