Mono 2.10 is a portable and open source implementation of the .NET framework for Unix, Windows, MacOS and other operating systems.
Mono 2.10 is an update to Mono 2.8 based on the master branch of github, it is not a minor upgrade to 2.8. Mono 2.10 is scheduled to be released in XXXX
Important Information About Mono 2.10
Mono's Long Term Supported release continues to be Mono 2.6, the next long-term support release will be Mono 3.0.
Mono 2.10 ships the latest and greatest and updates and they have not received as much testing as they should. Users seeking absolute stability should stay on Mono 2.6. Users switching to Mono 2.10, should expect a faster bug turn around time, but they should also plan on upgrading to the upcoming 2.10.xx series as we fix bugs in our stack.
Major Highlights: 主要亮点
- Google Native Client Support : 谷歌本地客户端支持
- New Profiler engine : : 新的探查引擎
- Faster socket stack ::更快的堆栈插座
- Improved Parallel Framework ::改进的并行框架
- SGen Precise Stack Scanning and Many performance improvements.##sGen精确叠加扫描等诸多性能改进。
- Unified MonoTouch/Monodroid runtime support
- New C# Compiler backend (can now use any custom mscorlib)
- VB Compiler can now compile to both 2.0 and 4.0 profiles.##VB编译器现在可以编译成两个2.0和4.0的配置文件。
- Supports ASP.NET MVC3, Razor and new WebPages. ＃支持ASP.NET MVC3
- New WebMatrix.Data database API. ＃新WebMatrix.Data数据库API。
- Improved OSX Mono
- F# and IronRuby