We are offering an opportunity for a talented data analyst to help analyze the world’s data across the iOS and Android app ecosystem. You will be responsible for identifying trends and insights from terabytes of data for the world’s top apps and games. And these trends will then be published to the world’s technology, business and gaming press. You will literally be building the world’s understanding of the new world of apps. You will also be working with top international app and game developers, helping them analyze their own data to inform their business and marketing strategies. At all times, you will be utilizing your stats and technical prowess combined with your ability to spot trends in data. And you will be doing this within a tight-knit team, working directly with the product, marketing and developer teams.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Analyze the data taken directly from app store (iOS and Android) data. Spot trends in the data and look for new market insights.
• Support requests from marketing and product to substantiate specific market insight hypotheses for the app store ecosystem.
• Scrape new data from mobile platforms in order to generate new reports.
• Create custom reports that serve the needs of premium clients, including app and game publishers, mobile carriers etc.
You should be passionate about everything to do with data and already have top level experience working in quantitative analysis.
• 5 years’ working experience, including at least 2 years performing quantitative analysis, preferably for an internet or technology company
• Good knowledge of Excel including pivoting capabilities an analysis modules – VBA macros and ODBC sourcing a plus
• Excellent data mining skills: working knowledge of at least two of the following:
- statistics packages: “R”, SPSS, SAS, Matlab, Mathematica
- data visualization / dashboard tools: “Tableau”, Business Objects
- analytics databases: Vertica, Sybase IQ, SQL for large datasets etc.
- ETL experience: Python or other specialized packages
• Mathematics, Science, Computer Science or Economics degree preferable
• Good client management skills – able to utilize technical capabilities to inform business perspectives.
• Huge interest in mobile apps, iOS, Android etc.
Fluent English; can work seamlessly with multinational clients from the US and Europe