key poiont: RF/ Hardware/field test/ fulent english
base in BJ.
Works evaluating the latest iPad, iPhone and iPod HW systems in the field. This includes very early evaluations of our Prototypes and HW Systems on different wireless technologies. It includes running focused experiments in relationship to RF/OTA performance, acoustics, thermals, GPS systems etc... The candidate will work with the HW/System development teams and other cross functional teams on identifying issues impacting HW/System performance. They will perform deep dive analysis into internal logs to understand and identify root cause of any HW System issues.
* Several years of relevant work experience:
* Live network test experience with the ability to identify specific test scenarios
* Strong cellular systems knowledge
* Good RF & OTA fundamentals knowledge and understanding along with practical experience
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Systems Engineering as a minimum. Master degree is preferred.
- Technical training relating to Hardware and Software testing
- Technical understanding and experience with GPS/UMTS/HSPA, C2k/EVDO.
* Must have:
- Experience in Field Testing and Test methodologies for various wireless technologies
- Strong RF background across multiple wireless technologies
- Testing and debug of GPS/UMTS/C2k communications systems
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to manage relationships across functional areas
- Strong communication skills tailored to situation and audience
- Fluent in English and local language(s)
- Able to travel internationally
* Should have:
- Strong problem identification and issue resolution abilities
- Able to investigate and debug complex issue investigations
- Issue tracking and management
- Strong background in statistical analysis and studies
Posting Title Carrier Engineer – Wireless Technology China Team
As a member of Apple’s Carrier Engineering Team, the Carrier Engineer supports taking products through technical approvals with Wireless Carrier(s). This will include initiation of new technology trials and technical alignment meetings, day-to-day engineering interactions, working with carrier personnel and our development / test teams in investigation & tracking of issues reported by carriers and verification of fixes in order to get product approvals.
Additionally the candidate will also be involved in managing and assisting carrier partners in conducting all necessary lab and field tests, and support the preparation of technical submissions for China specific certification schemes.
1) At least 5 years of relevant work experience:
2) Must have:
a) Field support and technical approvals with cellular carriers
b) In depth knowledge & experience with wireless communications systems in GSM, GPRS/EDGE, WCDMA, CDMA, CDMA 2K
c) Strong technical knowledge of industry standards
d) Familiar with the Ministry of Information Industry
e) Knowledgeable of the arrangements for the Approval of Network Access of Telecommunications Equipment
f) Experience of obtaining a Network Access License (NAL) and a Network Access Identifier (NAI) from the MII and hands-on experience in supporting MIIT/SRRC/CTTL/MTNet and CCC test schemes
g) Strong Issue tracking and management abilities
h) Professional communication skills tailored to situation and audience.
i) Proven written/verbal communications skills in both English and Chinese Mandarin
3) Should have:
a) Project Management experience
b) Can priorities requirements by analyzing and interpreting risk.
c) Understanding of the ‘Certification Criteria’ of the International Voluntary and Regulatory Certification Schemes
d) Fluent in English and local language(s)
4) Nice to have:
a) Familiarity with Wi-Fi/WAPI/BT communications systems
b) Strong technical knowledge of industry standards
c) Intimate knowledge of Standard Development Organizations and Industry Forums.
d) Layer 1 measurement and analysis
a) Should have at least a bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Systems Engineering
b) Strong technical training relating testing experience with GSM/GPRS, Edge, CDMA and UMTS devices.