We are looking for Cognos report developer to join our team. This person will be responsible for analyzing business intelligence (BI) and reporting requirements, producing a range of reports, and developing value-add BI solutions.
The ideal candidate has proficiency in Cognos business intelligence suite and familiar with DB2. Strong written and verbal communication abilities, inter-personal skills, analytical proficiency, as well as professionalism are essential in this role.
- Design and develop modifications and enhancements to integrated reporting solution
- Work with team members to design, develop and test data model requirements based on business objectives
- Work with team members or independently to design, develop and test complex reports based on business objectives
- Provide technical support to the Professional Services and Customer Support groups for deployment and support issues
Job Requirements (skills/experiences)
1) Language skills:
Can read, write, understand and speak English fluently;
Native or close to native English speaker is expected.
2) Technical Skills:
- Minimum of 2 years Cognos development experience (Report Studio & Analysis Studio is required)
- Experience and knowledge of data architecture and data management concepts and methods
- Advanced SQL programming experience, must be able to easily write free form SQL
- Minimum of 1 years DB2 experience
- Data Warehouse experience is a plus
- Cognos certification is a plus
3) Other Skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Able to work independently or in a team environment