Kinect for Windows SDK Beta 是为应用程序开发者提供的编程工具，我们可以通过Windows 7 系统平台方便的使用Microsoft Kinect 设备的功能。
在Kinect for Windows SDK Beta 中包括了用于Windows 7 操作系统的驱动程序、丰富的API、原始传感流、人体运动跟踪、安装文档以及开发资源。开发者可以通过Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 利用C++、C#、Visual Basic 进行相关的Kinect 应用程序开发。
· Raw sensor streams
Access to raw data streams from the depth sensor, color camera sensor, and four-element microphone array enables developers to build upon the low-level streams that are generated by the Kinect sensor.
· Skeletal tracking
The capability to track the skeleton image of one or two people moving within the Kinect field of view make it easy to create gesture-driven applications.
· Advanced audio capabilities
Audio processing capabilities include sophisticated acoustic noise suppression and echo cancellation, beam formation to identify the current sound source, and integration with the Windows speech recognition API.
· Sample code and documentation
The SDK includes more than 100 pages of technical documentation. In addition to built-in help files, the documentation includes detailed walkthroughs for most samples provided with the SDK.
· Easy installation
The SDK installs quickly, requires no complex configuration, and the complete installer size is less than 100 MB. Developers can get up and running in just a few minutes with a standard standalone Kinect sensor unit (widely available at retail outlets).
以下开发文档可以帮助开发者使用Kinect for Windows SDK。
· Programming Guide: Getting Started with the Kinect for Windows SDK Beta
A comprehensive review of system requirements, installation tips, file listing, and other details for the SDK Beta package.
· Skeletal Viewer Walkthrough—Rendering Data with the NUI API (C++ and C#)
This sample uses the NUI API to access and render data from the Kinect sensor's cameras as images on the screen. The managed Skeletal Viewer sample uses Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) to render captured images, and the native application uses DirectX.
· AudioCaptureRaw Walkthrough—Capturing the Raw Audio Stream (C++)
· MFAudioFilter Walkthrough—Capturing Audio Streams with a Media Foundation Audio Filter (C++)
· MicArrayEchoCancellation Walkthrough—Capturing Audio Streams with Acoustic Echo Cancellation and Beam Forming (C++)
This sample shows how to use the KinectAudio DirectX Media Object (DMO) as a DirectShow® source to access the Kinect sensor's microphone array. This sample uses acoustic echo cancellation to record a high-quality audio stream and beamforming and source localization to determine the selected beam and the direction of the sound source.
· RecordAudio Walkthrough—Recording an Audio Stream and Monitoring Direction (C#)
· Speech Walkthrough—Recognizing Voice Commands (C#)