Apache Subversion的主要开发者，企业级subversion(subversoin multisite, clustering,access control,以及技术支持和培训)的提供商美国Wandisco公司目前进入中国，将在成都设立支持中心，现招聘Enterprise subversion support engineer,薪酬面议，JD如下：
Based in Silicon Valley, California, WANdisco is a world leader in distributed software development solutions. By using WANdisco's totally unique replication technology, software development can now occur anywhere without any constraints. Fortune Global 1000 companies such as AT&T, Honda, NTT and Motorola rely on WANdisco's suite of source code management solutions for Subversion, CVS and JIRA. In September 2008 WANdisco opened a new worldwide support and development center in Sheffield, UK.
This is an opportunity in the Global Product Support Group for WANdisco's core distributed source code management products. As a Technical Support Engineer, you will analyze, replicate, and resolve customer problems of varying complexity with the WANdisco product suite. You will be working with some of the world largest companies such as Honda, AT&T and Wall Street Investment Banks. This position requires excellent knowledge of technical support processes and strong debugging skills. You will interact with customers and development engineers on a continuous basis so great written and oral communication skills are a must. You will interact with customers across the world, field sales, pre-sales technical engineers and partners. Part of the training for this job will involve a trip to the WANdisco Headquarters in San Ramon, California.
- As a member of the Global Product Support team, analyze, reproduce, and resolve customer problems of varying complexity.
- Providing written/verbal consultation to debug customer problems. Determine if the reported problem is a WANdisco product or a customer issue.
- Accurately and completely document problems, their solutions, and defects in the Web based help-desk system
- Keep the product knowledge base (FAQs and Solutions) up to date and take on other projects which improve support processes as assigned i.e. advisories, news bulletins, etc.
- Be responsible for maintaining SLAs with our customers.
- Work with other teams within Support or other departments within WANdisco, specifically QA and Engineering, as required.
- In case of escalations to other teams, maintain ownership to drive issues to resolution.
- Keep current with the latest supported product technology.
- Manage workload efficiently while being able to resolve time-critical situations professionally
Degree in a computing / computer-related subject or equivalent industry experience. Proven expertise in technical support of software products. Strong decision-making skills, take charge personality, and the ability to drive a plan to completion. Thrives in a startup environment with ability to juggle multiple priorities. Ideally would have worked on the first full release of the product lifecycle.
- 2 to 4 years experience with Java
- Prior knowledge of Subversion and CVS administration
- Solid understanding of network architectures and protocols (TCP).
- Leadership experience
- Must have excellent UNIX scripting skills
- Must have basic UNIX and Windows system administration skills to setup OS, VMWare virtual machines , LDAP servers etc
- Ability to clearly lay out a root cause analysis plan and drive the different stake holders to a mutually satisfactory resolution.
- Must have ability to develop test cases to reproduce customer reported bugs in Java and Perl
- Experience setting up and testing distributed systems, databases
- Team player with ability to multi-task and work with multiple teams
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive and take the initiative to get things done
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at once (flexible and self-sufficient)
- Positive attitude, self-motivated, confident and tenacious
Please send us your resume/CV or LinkedIn details along with a covering mail to email@example.com