Job SummarySeeking a Technical Support Engineer to support Korea customers.
You will have the opportunity to work with leading open source developers to create new solutions and customer offerings.
You will also find a wide range opportunities to be involved in global cross-functional projects with our sales, engineering, and training teams.
You will find yourself at the center of new developments and the latest technologies.
* Act as the direct contact for customer inquiries from all locations and across all product lines via online Customer Portal and phone.
* Analyze problems with non-functioning software to identify problem areas and recommend corrective actions and resolutions to customers.
* Use professional concepts and apply company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
* Collaborate with global support engineers and software maintenance engineers to resolve customer issues.
* Document and share diagnostic steps and problem resolutions with GSS team.
* Work with Technical Support Engineers in other regions on global projects and assignments.
* Deliver an exceptional customer service experience.
* May be required to be on call and perform night and/or weekend shift duties on a rotational schedule.
Required Skills & Experience:
* Ability to communicate clearly and concisely to all clients with various levels of technical experience.
* Good understanding of Linux/Unix
* Strong English language skills (written and oral). Fluent in Korean (written and oral).
* 3+ years system administration or technical support experience on Linux/Unix
* Demonstrated understanding of OS internals, Installation, Configuration, Scripting (Bash/Perl), Networking, Security/firewalls, Web Server and kernels.
* Understanding of programming language (C, Python, Java, etc) and system programming experience.
* Experience with enterprise storage solutions (SAN, NAS and Clustering) or Virtualization.
* Degree in Computer Science or other scientific/technical field.
* Ability to learn on the fly.