《Migrating to Cloud-Native Application Architectures》
• Monoliths couple change cycles together such that independent
business capabilities cannot be deployed as required, preventing
speed of innovation.
• Services embedded in monoliths cannot be scaled independently
of other services, so load is far more difficult to account
• Developers new to the organization must acclimate to a new
team, often learn a new business domain, and become familiar
with an extremely large codebase all at once. This only adds to
the typical 3–6 month ramp up time before achieving real productivity.
• Attempting to scale the development organization by adding
more people further crowds the sandbox, adding expensive
coordination and communication overhead.
• Technical stacks are committed to for the long term. Introducing
new technology is considered too risky, as it can adversely
affect the entire monolith