Create DOM elements on the fly and automatically append or prepend them to another DOM object.
Also included are template functions (tplAppend and tplPrepend) that can take a JSON-formatted HTML structure, apply a dataset, and create complex DOM nodes! New template system is much more forgiving and flexible than previous DOM element creation plugins.
- Add any element with or without all types of properties or children in any order
- Chainable! Returns last appended/prepended element in jQuery object - but also works on plain DOM elements!
- Accepts inline HTML as string, innerHTML style
- Fixes IE special-cases, like input element creation and children of tables
- Lightweight yet fast! Uses internal jQuery functions for portability while creating DOM nodes and accessing appendChild directly for speed
- AJAX-friendly - SuperFlyDOM takes real JSON objects, perfect for lightweight AJAX (or jQuery's .getJSON) retrieval
- This plugin is originally built off of FlyDom 3.0.8, by dohpaz:
- who was inspired by "Oslow":
- And also contains methods from Sean's jquery-dom.js
As I could not get dohpaz's code to work with my template (and since dohpaz could not get Oslow's code to work), and neither Michael Geary's code nor Sean's code were jQuery style and chainable, and I wanted a ton of features anyway, while retaining a small code base, I decided to rip apart, clean up (JSLint),and add features to their plugins. My hope is that this version will be easier to understand, more forgiving and flexible, and maintain with future versions of the fantastic framework which is jQuery.