The Seattle firewall is an ipchains based firewall that can be used on a dedicated masquerading firewall machine (including LRP), a multi-function masquerade gateway/server or on a standalone Linux system.
* Customizable using configuration files and with explicit ipchains rules without modifying the released Seattle Firewall scripts.
* Support for status monitoring with an audible alarm when an "interesting" packet is detected.
* Support for VPN via ipip tunnels, IPSec and PPTP.
* Support for masqueraded PPTP servers, including PoPToP.
* Support for masqueraded servers (requires ipmasqadm).
* Support for running PoPToP on a Linux gateway/firewall.
* Limited support for a DMZ.
* Fallback script that backs out the installation of the most recent version of Seattle Firewall.
* An easy to user and install RPM module.
* A Coyote LRP module is supported.