This is the NeoMutt Project
What is NeoMutt?
- NeoMutt is a project of projects.
- A place to gather all the patches against Mutt.
- A place for all the developers to gather.
Hopefully this will build the community and reduce duplicated effort.
NeoMutt was created when Richard Russon (@FlatCap) took all the old Mutt patches, sorted through them, fixed them up and documented them.
What Features does NeoMutt have?
|Attach Headers Color||Color attachment headers using regex, just like mail bodies|
|Compose to Sender||Send new mail to the sender of the current mail|
|Compressed Folders||Read from/write to compressed mailboxes|
|Conditional Dates||Use rules to choose date format|
|Custom Mailbox Tags||Implements Notmuch tags and Imap keywords|
|Encrypt-to-Self||Save a self-encrypted copy of emails|
|Fmemopen||Replace some temporary files with memory buffers|
|Forgotten Attachment||Alert user when (s)he forgets to attach a file to an outgoing email.|
|Global Hooks||Define actions to run globally within NeoMutt|
|Header Cache Compression||Options for compressing the header cache files|
|Ifdef||Conditional config options|
|Index Color||Custom rules for theming the email index|
|Initials Expando||Expando for author's initials|
|Kyoto Cabinet||Kyoto Cabinet backend for the header cache|
|Limit Current Thread||Focus on one Email Thread|
|LMDB||LMDB backend for the header cache|
|Multiple FCC||Save multiple copies of outgoing mail|
|Nested If||Allow complex nested conditions in format strings|
|New Mail||Execute a command upon the receipt of new mail.|
|NNTP||Talk to a Usenet news server|
|Notmuch||Email search engine|
|Progress Bar||Show a visual progress bar on slow operations|
|Quasi-Delete||Mark emails that should be hidden, but not deleted|
|Reply With X-Orig-To||Direct reply to email using X-Original-To header|
|Sensible Browser||Make the file browser behave|
|Sidebar||Panel containing list of Mailboxes|
|Skip Quoted||Leave some context visible|
|Status Color||Custom rules for theming the status bar|
|TLS-SNI||Negotiate with a server for a TLS/SSL certificate|
|Trash Folder||Automatically move deleted emails to a trash bin|
Contributed Scripts and Config
|Header Cache Benchmark||Script to test the speed of the header cache|
|Useful programs||List of useful programs interacting with NeoMutt|
|Vi Keys||Easy and clean Vi-keys for NeoMutt|
|Vim Syntax||Vim Syntax File|
How to Install NeoMutt?
Where is NeoMutt?
- Source Code: https://github.com/neomutt/neomutt
- Releases: https://github.com/neomutt/neomutt/releases/latest
- Questions/Bugs: https://github.com/neomutt/neomutt/issues
- Website: https://neomutt.org
- IRC: irc://irc.libera.chat/neomutt - please be patient. We're a small group, so our answer might take some time.
- Mailinglists: neomutt-users and neomutt-devel
- Development: https://neomutt.org/dev.html
- Contributors: Everyone who has helped NeoMutt
NeoMutt is released under version 2 of the GPL, the GNU General Public License. See LICENSE.md.
The principal authors of NeoMutt are:
- Copyright (C) 1996-2016 Michael R. Elkins
- Copyright (C) 1996-2002 Brandon Long
- Copyright (C) 1997-2009 Thomas Roessler
- Copyright (C) 1998-2005 Werner Koch
- Copyright (C) 1999-2017 Brendan Cully
- Copyright (C) 1999-2002 Tommi Komulainen
- Copyright (C) 2000-2004 Edmund Grimley Evans
- Copyright (C) 2000-2019 David Champion
- Copyright (C) 2006-2009 Rocco Rutte
- Copyright (C) 2014-2020 Kevin J. McCarthy
- Copyright (C) 2015-2021 Richard Russon