Lightboxes are a way to display an image on the same page simply and elegantly.
- Lightboxes can be grouped together.
- Titles and descriptions for images.
- Additional files are included automaticly. So you only have to include one js file, and it does the rest.
- New/optimised design and transitions.
- Provides many easy automatic and manual ways of creating and starting lightboxes.
- Easily configurable via many options, and extensible via custom events. So no file modifications are required.
- Lightbox automatic scroll and resize functionality. Eg. If the image is too big, it is resized.
- Only 21KB in size (as of v1.3.0-rc1).
- ColorBlend support.
- Proper jQuery Plugin.
Take a look at the demo site http://www.balupton.com/sandbox/jquery_lightbox/ to see it in action, as well as examples of it's usage.
Browsers known to be supported in the latest release:
Firefox 2+3, IE6+7, Safari 3, Opera 9.5.
jQuery Lightbox: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/jquery-lightbox-balupton-edition/
jQuery Lightbox For Native Galleries: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/jquery-lightbox-for-native-galleries...
Color Animations: http://plugins.jquery.com/project/color (enabled via colorBlend option)
If you have made a plugin or a application that uses this project, let me know, and I will see about adding a linkback above.