Display your Fediverse timeline in a widget
FediEmbedi will display your Mastodon, Pleroma, Pixelfed, PeerTube timeline with various display options.
How to use shortcodes
[peertube instance="https://peertube.social" actor="channel_name" is_channel="true"]
Currently supported software
Planned supported software
For the time being development will happen on git.feneas.org.
The plugin is under active development, to keep FediEmbedi updated install Github Updater as a companion plugin, and it will manage updates from within your Wordpress installation.
Typical installation procedure
- Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress
- Connect to your fediverse instance by visiting the configuration page in Settings -> FediEmbedi
Frequently Asked Questions
Does this plugin store my login info?
No, this plugin uses OAuth 2.0. You will be sent to login to your Instance and redirected to your site with a secure token. Similar to how you would connect a mobile app to your account.
- Bug fix: Shortcode limit attribute.
- Document: Shortcodes on options page.
- Feature: PeerTube widget NSFW option.
- Fix: PeerTube number of posts to display.
- Fix: connection issues.
- Fix: Template issues.
- Bug fix: Template issues.
- Bug fix: Embed included in post edit screen, causing post save issues.
- Security fix: statuses with visibility marked unlisted, private, and direct could be displayed publicly
- Service shortcodes
- Emoji support
- CSS for small columns
- Fix large video player
- version bump
- Add Support links
- CSS fix
- Support PeerTube
- Support separate Mastodon, Pixelfed and PeerTube widgets.
- Renamed some classes and constants, and reorganized file structure
- Fixed version info preventing auto-updates
- Added Pixelfed /embed styles
- Added i18n support to template strings
- Updated settings page, with links for finding an instance to join/register
- Clarify widget options
- Mirror plugin on Github for use with Github Updater
- Readme updates
- Fix for Github updates
- Refactor Instance selection and logic
- Updated readme.txt
- Fixed reame.md formatting
- Cleaned up settings form
- Make an actual release.
- Initial commit.
The client connection code is based on Mastodon Autopost.
The name FediEmbedi was contributed by wake.st