A progressive enhancement to select multiple form elements. It provides a simpler alternative with the following advantages:
- Easier for users to understand and interact with than regular select multiple form elements. Users know how to interact with it sans instruction.
- Doesn't require user to Ctrl-Click or Shift-Click multiple elements. Instead users of your form can add or remove elements individually, without risk of losing those that have already been selected.
- Selected elements are always visible (within the confines of your interface) while unselected elements are always hidden (within a regular select).
- Unlike regular select multiple option elements, those on asmSelect are optionally sortable with drag and drop (this part requires jQuery UI).
- asmSelect hides, maintains and updates the original select multiple so that no changes are required to existing code.
Please see full information at http://code.google.com/p/jquery-asmselect/
Companion article at: http://www.ryancramer.com/journal/entries/select_multiple/