- Issue #8202: Previous change to ``sys.argv`` handling for -m command line option reverted due to unintended side effects on handling of ``sys.path``.
- Issue #8941: decoding big endian UTF-32 data in UCS-2 builds could crash the interpreter with characters outside the Basic Multilingual Plane (higher than 0x10000).
- In the unicode/str.format(), raise a ValueError when indexes to arguments are too large.
- Issue #8854: Fix finding Visual Studio 2008 on Windows x64.
- Issue #8959: fix regression caused by using unmodified libffi library on Windows. ctypes does now again check the stack before and after calling foreign functions.
- Issue #8720: fix regression caused by fix for #4050 by making getsourcefile smart enough to find source files in the linecache.
- Issue #8986: math.erfc was incorrectly raising OverflowError for values between -27.3 and -30.0 on some platforms.
- Issue #8924: logging: Improved error handling for Unicode in exception text.
- Issue #8948: cleanup functions and class / module setups and teardowns are now honored in unittest debug methods.
- Issues #8909: Added the size of the bitmap used in the installer created by distutils' bdist_wininst. Patch by Anatoly Techtonik.