1. SuperH SH7216 (SH2A-FPU) and Altera Nos2 ports were added.
2. All GCC ARM 7 ports were changed to use 0 as the SWI instruction parameter.
3. IAR SAM7S and SAM7X ports were updated to... work with IAR V5.40.
4. The stack alignment requirement for PIC32 was changed from 4 bytes to 8 bytes.
5. pxPortInitialiseStack() was altered for all Cortex-M3 ports to ensure the stack pointer is where the compiler expects it to be when a task first starts executing.
6. Memory protection unit (MPU) support was added.
7. A new API function, xPortGetFreeHeapSize(), was added to heap_1.c and heap_2.c.
8. All ARM7/9 ports now have portBYTE_ALIGNMENT set to 8 by default