Git 2.4.3 发布，此版本更新内容包括：
* Error messages from "git branch" called remote-tracking branches as
* "git rerere forget" in a repository without rerere enabled gave a
cryptic error message; it should be a silent no-op instead.
* "git pull --log" and "git pull --no-log" worked as expected, but
"git pull --log=20" did not.
* The pull.ff configuration was supposed to override the merge.ff
configuration, but it didn't.
* The code to read pack-bitmap wanted to allocate a few hundred
pointers to a structure, but by mistake allocated and leaked memory
enough to hold that many actual structures.
* Various documentation mark-up fixes to make the output more
consistent in general and also make AsciiDoctor (an alternative
* "git bundle verify" did not diagnose extra parameters on the
* Multi-ref transaction support we merged a few releases ago
unnecessarily kept many file descriptors open, risking to fail with
* The ref API did not handle cases where 'refs/heads/xyzzy/frotz' is
removed at the same time as 'refs/heads/xyzzy' is added (or vice
versa) very well.
* The "log --decorate" enhancement in Git 2.4 that shows the commit
at the tip of the current branch e.g. "HEAD -> master", did not
work with --decorate=full.
* There was a commented-out (instead of being marked to expect
failure) test that documented a breakage that was fixed since the
test was written; turn it into a proper test.
* core.excludesfile (defaulting to $XDG_HOME/git/ignore) is supposed
to be overridden by repository-specific .git/info/exclude file, but
the order was swapped from the beginning. This belatedly fixes it.
* The connection initiation code for "ssh" transport tried to absorb
differences between the stock "ssh" and Putty-supplied "plink" and
its derivatives, but the logic to tell that we are using "plink"
variants were too loose and falsely triggered when "plink" appeared
anywhere in the path (e.g. "/home/me/bin/uplink/ssh").
* "git rebase -i" moved the "current" command from "todo" to "done" a
bit too prematurely, losing a step when a "pick" did not even start.
* "git add -e" did not allow the user to abort the operation by
killing the editor.
* Git 2.4 broke setting verbosity and progress levels on "git clone"
with native transports.
* Some time ago, "git blame" (incorrectly) lost the convert_to_git()
call when synthesizing a fake "tip" commit that represents the
state in the working tree, which broke folks who record the history
with LF line ending to make their project portabile across
platforms while terminating lines in their working tree files with
CRLF for their platform.
* Code clean-up for xdg configuration path support.
开源中国 Git 代码托管平台：http://git.oschina.net/
Git 是 Linus Torvalds 为了帮助管理 Linux 内核开发而开发的一个开放源码的版本控制软件。
Torvalds 开始着手开发 Git 是为了作为一种过渡方案来替代 BitKeeper，后者之前一直是 Linux 内核开发人员在全球使用的主要源代码工具。开放源码社区中的有些人觉得 BitKeeper 的许可证并不适合开放源码社区的工作，因此 Torvalds 决定着手研究许可证更为灵活的版本控制系统。尽管最初 Git 的开发是为了辅助 Linux 内核开发的过程，但是我们已经发现在很多其他自由软件项目中也使用了 Git。例如，X.org 最近就迁移到 Git 上来了，很多 Freedesktop.org 的项目也迁移到了 Git 上。
Git 提交都是原子的，且是整个项目范围的，而不像 CVS 中一样是对每个文件的。
没有哪一个 Git 仓库会天生比其他仓库更重要。