Memcached 1.4.16 发布。2013-12-09 上一个版本还是2012-09-03的1.4.15 过了1年多。说明它还在更新，毕竟是用它的还是很多的。 此版本调整了tail repairs时间。以及一些Bug修正。
- Builds on OS X Mavericks (with clang)
- Add statistics for allocation failures
- Issue 294 : Check for allocation failure
- Make tail leak expiry time configurable (-o tail_repair_time=60)
- Fix segfault on specially crafted packet.
- Close connection on update_event error while parsing new commands
- Don't truncate maxbytes stat from 'stats settings'
- Add the "shutdown" command to the server. This allows for better automation
- fix enable-sasl-pwdb
Adjusting tail repair time: -o tail_repair_time=60 (in seconds)
"tail repairs" are a failsafe within memcached where if a cache item is leaked via an unfixed or obscure bug, the item will be recycled anyway if it ends up at the bottom of the LRU and hasn't been touched in a long period of time. Most releases do not have these bugs, but some have so we've left the mechanism in place. The default time before reaping is 3 hours. For a busy site that sucks. we've lowered the default to one hour, which is much longer than any object should ever take to download.
If you need dead items to be pulled more quickly, use this override. Make sure you don't set it too low if you have clients which download items very slowly (unlikely, but eh).