- Percona XtraBackup now supports logs created with the new log block checksums option innodb_log_checksum_algorithm in Percona Server 5.6
innobackupex --force-non-empty-directoriesoption has been implemented. When specified, it makes
innobackupex --copy-backoption or
innobackupex --move-backoption transfer files to non-empty directories. No existing files will be overwritten. If
--move-backhas to copy a file from the backup directory which already exists in the destination directory, it will still fail with an error.
innobackupex --copy-backwould fail if
innodb_data_home_diris empty. Bug fixed #1049291.
- A fixed initialization vector (constant string) was used while encrypting the data. This opened the encrypted stream/data to plaintext attacks among others. Bug fixed #1185343.
innobackupex --version-checkis now on by default. Bug fixed #1227988.
xtrabackup_slave_infofile didn’t contain any
GTIDinformation, which could cause
master_auto_positionnot to work properly. Bug fixed #1239670.
- xtrabackup_56 was using
CRC32as the default checksum algorithm. This could cause error if the innodb_checksum_algorithm value was changed to
strict_innodbvalue after a restore. Bug fixed #1247586.
- xtrabackup_56 binary didn’t store the server’s
backup-my.cnf. This value is needed because it affects the on-disk data format. Bug fixed #1248065.
- Since Version Check is enabled by default in Percona XtraBackup 2.1.6, new
innobackupex --no-version-checkoption has been introduced to disable it. Bug fixed #1248900.
- Percona XtraBackup now supports absolute paths in
innodb_data_file_pathvariable. Bug fixed #382742.
- innobackupex wasn’t able to perform backups to the
NFSmount in some
NFSconfigurations, because it was trying to preserve file ownership. Bug fixed #943750.
- Percona XtraBackup wouldn’t back up the empty directory created with
mkdir(i.e. test) outside of the server which could lead to inconsistencies during the Percona XtraDB Cluster State Snapshot Transfer. Bug fixed #1217426.
- If the innodb_log_arch_dir variable was specified in the Percona Server configuration file
my.cnf, Percona XtraBackup was unable to perform the backup. Bug fixed #1227240.
- Race condition in
start_query_killerchild code could cause parent MySQL connection to close. Bug fixed #1239728.