- Percona XtraBackup has introduced additional options to handle the locking during the
FLUSH TABLES WITH READ LOCK. These options can be used to minimize the amount of the time when MySQL operates in the read-only mode.
- Percona XtraBackup has now been rebased on MySQL versions 5.1.70, 5.5.30, 5.6.11 and Percona Server versions 5.1.70-rel14.8 and 5.5.31-rel30.3 server versions.
- In order to speed up the backup process, slave thread is not stopped during copying non-InnoDB data when innobackupex –no-lock option is used as using this option requires absence of
DMLto non-transaction tables during backup.
- Source tarball (and Debian source) now include all MySQL source trees required for the build. This means internet connection during package build isn’t required anymore.
- Two new options options, innobackupex –decrypt and innobackupex –decompress, have been implemented to make decryption and decompression processes more user friendly.
- There were no 2.1.x release packages available for Ubuntu Raring. Bug fixed #1199257.
- During the backup process loading tablespaces was started before the log copying, this could lead to a race between the datafiles state in the resulting backup and
xtrabackup_logfile. Tablespace created at a sensitive time would be missing in both the backup itself and as the corresponding log record in
xtrabackup_logfile, so it would not be created on innobackupex –apply-log either. Bug fixed #1177206.
- Fixed the
libssl.so.6dependency issues in binary tarballs releases. Bug fixed #1172916.
- innobackupex did not encrypt non-InnoDB files when doing local (i.e. non-streaming) backups. Bug fixed #1160778.
- Difference in behavior between InnoDB 5.5 and 5.6 codebases in cases when a newly created tablespace has uninitialized first page at the time when XtraBackup opens it while creating a list of tablespaces to backup would cause assertion error. Bug fixed #1187071.
- xbcrypt could sometimes fail when reading encrypted stream from a pipe or network. Bug fixed #1190610.
- innobackupex could not prepare the backup if there was no
xtrabackup_binaryfile in the backup directory and the xtrabackup binary was not specified explicitly with innobackupex –ibbackup option. Bug fixed #1199190.
- Debug builds would fail due to compiler errors on Ubuntu Quantal/Raring builds. Fixed compiler warnings by backporting the corresponding changes from upstream. Bug fixed #1192454.
- innobackupex would terminate with an error if innobackupex –safe-slave-backup option was used for backing up the master server. Bug fixed #1190716.
- Under some circumstances XtraBackup could fail on a backup prepare with
XFSfilesystem was being used. Bug fixed #1190779.
- Percona XtraBackup didn’t recognize checkpoint
#0as a valid checkpoint on xtrabackup –prepare which would cause an error. Bug fixed #1196475.
- Percona XtraBackup didn’t recognize the
O_DIRECT_NO_FSYNC value for
innodb_flush_methodwhich was introduced in MySQL 5.6.7. Fixed by adding the value to the list of supported values for
xtrabackup_56. Bug fixed #1206363.
- innobackupex would terminate if innobackupex –galera-info option was specified when backing up non-galera server. Bug fixed #1192347.
Other bug fixes: bug fixed #1097434, bug fixed #1201599, bug fixed #1198220, bug fixed #1097444, bug fixed #1042796, bug fixed #1204463, bug fixed #1197644, bug fixed #1197249, bug fixed #1196894, bug fixed #1194813, bug fixed #1183500, bug fixed #1181432, bug fixed #1201686, bug fixed #1182995, bug fixed #1204085, bug fixed #1204083, bug fixed #1204075, bug fixed #1203672, bug fixed #1190876, bug fixed #1194879, bug fixed #1194837.