- The default config snippet for Apache has changed! It must now contain a
PassengerDefaultRubyoption. The installer has been updated to output this option. The
PassengerRubyoption still exists, but it’s only used for configuring different Ruby interpreters in different contexts. Please refer to the manual for more information.
- We now provide GPG digital signatures for all file releases by Phusion. More information can be found in the manual.
- WebSocket support on Nginx. Requires Nginx >= 1.3.15.
passenger-statusnow displays process memory usage and time when it was last used. The latter fixes issue #853.
- Exceptions in Rack application objects are now caught to prevent application processes from exiting.
passenger-configtool now supports the
--ruby-commandargument, which helps the user with figuring out the correct Ruby command to use in case s/he wants to use multiple Ruby interpreters. The manual has also been updated to mention this tool.
- Fixed streaming responses on Apache.
- Worked around an OS X Unix domain socket bug. Fixes issue #854.
- Out-of-Band Garbage Collection now works properly when the application has disabled garbage collection. Fixes issue #859.
- Fixed support for /usr/bin/python on OS X. Fixes issue #855.
- Fixed looping-without-sleeping in the ApplicationPool garbage collector if PassengerPoolIdleTime is set to 0. Fixes issue #858.
- Fixed some process memory usage measurement bugs.
- Fixed process memory usage measurement on NetBSD. Fixes issue #736.
- Fixed a file descriptor leak in the Out-of-Band Work feature. Fixes issue #864.
- The PassengerPreStart helper script now uses the default Ruby interpreter specified in the web server configuration, and no longer requires a
rubycommand to be in
- Updated preferred PCRE version to 8.32.
- Worked around some RVM bugs and generally improved RVM support.
- The ngx_http_stub_status_module is now enabled by default.
- Performance optimizations.