The second beta of JBoss-Rails is now available. This release brings about a handful of visible changes:
- *-rails.yml now supports mapping to a virtual host
- jboss-scheduler.yml for recurring scheduled tasks
- jboss-rails-env.yml for setting RAILS_ENV if you don't use *-rails.yml
- jboss-web.yml for setting web config if you don't use *-rails.yml
- lib/java/**.jar loaded into your classpath
- lib/java/classes/ loaded into your classpath
The extra jboss-rails-env.yml and jboss-web.yml files allow you to simply symlink your application into your deploy/ directory, if you so choose. Ultimately, it'll support deployment of Rails applications bundled into a JAR archive, without using *-rails.yml . But we're not yet able to deploy archives.
Plus a whole bunch of clean-ups, refactorings, and better following of Microcontainer's best practices.
Obtain the release
If you just want to drop the JBoss-Rails deployer into your existing AS 5.0.x, you can grab the simple deployer distribution:
If you don't have an AS 5.0.x already handy, this a bundle of AS 5.0.x from the latest nightly build, plus the JBoss-Rails deployer installed in the 'all' and 'default' configurations:
Just unzip it, set $JBOSS_HOME , and you should be good to go.