Google App Engine 1.6 预览版发布，增加了对Python 2.7，Premier Accounts和Backends的支持，以及一些其他的改进。
- Min Idle Instances: You can now adjust the minimum number of Idle Instances for your application, from 1 to 100. Users who had previously signed up for “Always On” can now set the number of idle instances for their applications using this setting.
- Max Pending Latency: For applications that care about user facing latency, this slider allows you to set a limit to the amount of time a request spends in the pending queue before starting up a new instance.
- Blobstore API: You can now use the Blobstore API without signing up for billing.
- High Replication Datastore Migration Tool: We are releasing an experimental tool that allows you to easily migrate your data from Master/Slave to High Replication Datastore, and seamlessly switch your application’s serving to the new HRD application.
- Query Planning Improvements: We’ve published an article that details recent improvements to our query planner that eliminate the need for exploding indexes.
- MapReduce: We are releasing the full MapReduce framework in experimental for Python. The framework includes the Map, Shuffle, and Reduce phases.
- Python 2.7 in the SDK: The SDK now supports the Python 2.7 runtime, so you can test out your changes before uploading them to production.
- Memcache API Improvements: The Memcache API for Java now supports asynchronous calls. Additionally, putIfUntouched() and getIdentifiable() now support batch operations.
- Capability Testing: We’ve added the ability to simulate the capability state of local API implementations to test your application’s behavior if a service is unavailable.
- Datastore Callbacks: You can now specify actions to perform before or after a put() or delete() call.
目前Google官方公布的数据，Google App Engine 每月1k亿次点击，30万+活跃应用，10万开发者。