1. improved access to 'remote' disks and fixed some problems with the 'retry1' value.
2. The 'retry1' value when copying now defaults to 30 or 1 if the input type is... 'remote'.
3. A low value for 'remote' is required as too many retries were being made on native hardware for general usage.
4. The 'retry1' value when scanning now defaults to 5 or 1 if the input type is set to 'remote'.
5. The --retry-l1 option can be used to override the 'retry1' value for 'scan' commands.
6. A fix was made to the 'retry1' value so that the default value of 30 can be changed when using the --retry-l1 option